Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Covers

Alright so today's article is pretty straight forward. Music.

What do I mean when I say the word music? I mean real music. Rock Music. What's the specifics of it? Well we're going to discuss covers. When they're good. (Because who really cares about the crappy covers?) Now I will admit, before I thought covers were generally done for really old songs. The songs that need a redo, because at their time they were Epic, but now... They're just missing that punch that broadcasts itself across the radio.

So what cover will I choose as the discussion?

My Hero.

This was the song that inspired me to love music! I mean seriously. I totally sang along to this song when I was younger. And now, even though I'm older. It's still an awesome song. The Foo Fighters originally did it. And when they did it (Which wasn't a long time ago mind you.) They nailed the artistic needle on the head.

Whether you were relating to it because someone had left you, because there was someone awesome in your life... Or just because you LOVED the music. It was epic. I wouldn't want to meet someone who didn't love this song. After all, "There goes my hero. He's ordinary."

So what do you think of covers?

Are they pointless?
Do they trash other peoples work?

Personally when I hear amazing covers like this... I am stunned. So stunned in fact, for the simple reason. I love this song. And someone covered it. YET they did just as good of a job! Perhaps not as good, but still good enough to where between the two... It's hard to choose which one to listen too.

P.S. Give them a listen! And then comment!

Foo Fighters - My Hero


Paramore - My Hero

No comments:

Post a Comment