Saturday, January 10, 2009

Music And How It Affects People

So I've been wondering just how much music influences peoples actions. I read many an article. Some people claiming that it is the defining factor in horrible actions. Others saying it encourages others to do great things. And I was left to wonder, does music exactly do? I couldn't commit that it actually forced people into doing things, good or bad. And off of personal experience (I LOVE my music.) it doesn't seem to hurt my attitude.

So I talked it over with a friend, asked him for his opinions as to my knowledge he's more a fan of the darker types of music. I was questioning him because of how his personality is. This guy is awesome, and he has such a happy go lucky personality! So I figured, how could someone who seems to act happy, listen to dark music without ill effect?

So I read more articles. And I've come to my own little consensus.

I think Music is not a factor. I think it's more so the person. If you're sad, and you choose to listen to sad music. The music isn't what's making you sad. If you're happy and you listen to sad music. You'll still be happy.

Our brains choose what to focus on. I think if anything music can ONLY make you happy. As you can forget whatever bothers you by simply listening to happy things.

So I don't blame music, I will still listen to my sad music when I want too. I will just think better and if I am sad I know to not listen to something equally as sad!

Enjoy your music!

1 comment:

  1. i like what you're saying, it really puts it into perspective when you look at it that way

    i wont listen to sad music when im sad anymore!!!!

    ReplyDelete